Sunday 5 February 2012

Valentine's Glossybox

Glossybox has really put thought and effort into their themed boxes. I loved the red Christmas box and now we have a hot pink yes hot pink Valentine's box - The cutest Glossybox yet! And they have filled it with all things necessary to help you look your best for a romantic night with your valentine...



1. Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner - eyeliner pencil for precise definition and intense colour. A wax based, creamy formula that allows for smooth application and it's very smartly fitted with a silver handle that allows for longer use - you can sharpen the pencil to the smallest nub and the silver handle remains letting you use it right to the end. I received the emerald green pencil which I'm not too happy about as I have blue eyes and the colour will not really work for me. I also only use waterproof eye pencils as regular types just disappear or smudge on my eyes. I do however love the packaging and the nifty silver handle - brilliant idea.


2. Davines Authentic Moisturising face/hair/body Balm - a moisturising, organic, Safflower Oil based balm which can be used in three ways: as a make-up remover for the face, a hair balm and as a body moisturiser.


3. Davines Authentic hair/body washing Nectar - a shampoo with a delicate, moisturising, oily texture, suited for body and hair. Formulated with organic Safflower Oil and biodegradable surfactants.

Davines Authentic Formulas for Face, Hair and Body is a new line of delicate, moisturising, nourishing products. There are four essential, “intelligent” products, which can be used on your face, hair and body.  The formulas contain from 98 to 100% naturally derived ingredients and are free from SLS,  SLES,  sulphates, added parabens, artificial colouring, silicon, PEG and ethoxylates. 
I'm quite excited about these products. Everyone is more cautious and aware of the products they use nowadays especially since some of the additives used can be toxic and cause cancers. It's good that more and more companies are making organic products that smell nice and are a pleasure to use. I'm not a big fan of all in one products as I believe the skin on your face is very different to your body and that hair needs completely different care but these products will be perfect for traveling or popping in your handbag for emergencies. 


4. FAB Gentle Body Wash - a mild, creamy cleanser that leaves the skin clean and silky. Infused with FAB Antioxidant Booster to combat free radicals. Fragrance-free formula does not compete with your favorite scent or irritate sensitive skin. Also free from common irritants such as lanolin, alcohol, parabens, hash chemicals and colourants. A very gentle wash that I enjoyed using, although it does have that fragrance free smell that is slightly clinical/cucumbery, but over all with the added antioxidant booster a good product.


5. Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer - Dewy FinishOil-free primer with light enhancing minerals to create a radiant glow, Adaptive Shade Technology to create a perfect skin tone match and Pore Factor-5 to minimise the appearance of pores while balancing oil production. Apply everyday after moisturising, blend evenly over face and neck. Can be worn under or in place of foundation for a fresh dewy look. I love this product. It smells amazing and gives my skin a lovely silky finish. I have been using it under my foundation as it doesn't give a lot of coverage. I would, however, use it on its own on holiday when my skin is slightly tanned, just to give it that dewy finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment